Tewkesbury’s Big Weekend
Looking for something to do on the 21st & 22nd May 2022? Well look no further than your own High Street and Riverside, as Tewkesbury’s Big Weekend returns and looks to be bigger and better than ever before.
Tewkesbury’s Big Weekend was originally started in 2015 by a small group of Tewkesbury residents that wanted to show the locals and residents of neighbouring towns and villages that Tewkesbury is open for business and to show off what great community spirit we have! It’s the reason we spread activities out around the town, so people can go to places they may not often visit.
For 2022 we will be able to have stalls inside the Town Hall and we can’t wait! We’ve got big plans for it be full of wonderful local crafts, you may even be treated to a demonstration or two. You’ll be able to walk through the town hall into the gardens where further stalls and entertainment will be waiting for you.
As you can see, we’re well under way with making 2022 another wonderful year for Tewkesbury Big Weekend. We’ll keep you updated with news and welcome any ideas from you, that said, if you’d like to take part and get involved you’d be made to feel very welcome at our next meeting.
We want Tewkesbury Big Weekend to engage with everyone who cares about the town and has a stake in it’s future – businesses, school, clubs, associations, charities, sports groups, crafters – YOU!
Our downloads page holds everything you need to be involved with during the weekend. Here you will find competition entry forms, sponsorship form, carnival application.
The main attractions are:
- A Walking Parade leaving Sun Street on Saturday at 3.30 This year’s theme is ‘A Royal Celebration’
- Cheltenham Animal Shelter Dog Show on Saturday at 10.30 at Vineyards… There will be stalls, and lots, lots more…
- A River Parade on Sunday 12.00 – Theme ‘A Royal celebration’
- Katakanu Boat Racing – Sunday
- Street entertainers – all weekend
- Skallywags Day Nursery – KIDS ZONE – Town Hall Gardens – Saturday
- Boat trips – all weekend
- Children’s Fairground rides – Riverside
- Town Hall Craft Market – Saturday
- Riverside Shopping – all weekend
- Photo Competition – see downloads for more information
- Follow the Alleycat Trail… We will be focusing on 6 Historic Alleys in the town… Everybody will have the chance to walk the trail which will include public artwork and the history…
- EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE!!! New for this year Picnic in the Park Sunday 22 May opens 12.30 Victoria Gardens afternoon teas and entertainment.
By taking part in the event in any way, you’re helping to support local charities and businesses and are playing a part in protecting our town for future generations.