Tewkesbury’s Big Weekend
Looking for something to do on the 19th & 20th of May 2018? Well look no further than your own High Street and Riverside, as Tewkesbury’s Big Weekend Returns bigger and better so please…
…PICK UP YOUR TOKEN AND VOTE FOR US!!!
Tewkesbury Big Weekend has been nominated by Tesco as one of their three in store charities, you can vote between March 1st – 30th April 2018.
You can vote by placing the tokens given to you at the checkout at the following Tesco Stores, Bishops Cleeve, Cheltenham, Cheltenham Hewlet Express, Queens Road Express and of course Tewkesbury Metro!
Last year we were able to give £700 to each of our nominated charities, Macmillan, Avon Navigation Trust, Mayors Charities and The Mitton Manor Pre-School along with £150 to Tewkesbury Town Colts, MVS and £60 to the Newfoundland Rescue Dogs.
Another new addition to help fundraise for 2017/18 is the TBW 100CLUB, visit our DOWNLOADS page for info and application forms.
Organisation is well advanced now for the weekend. We want to engage anyone and everyone who cares about the town and has a stake in it’s future – businesses, schools, clubs and associations e.g.: sports clubs, rowing clubs, guides, cadets, music, dance groups, bands, crafters – YOU!
Visit our Downloads Page for all competition entry forms for the Photo Competition and stall applications. You will also find rules and regulations for the photo competition.
The main attractions are:
- Visit our downloads page for details of river events.
- A Walking Parade on Saturday at 3.30 – carnival style theme Royal Celebrations, EVERYBODY welcome ROUTE SLIGHTLY CHANGED to finish at the Tewkesbury Rugby Club. AWARDS FOR PARADE ENTRANTS WILL BE PRESENTED AFTER THE DOG SHOW…
- Cheltenham Animal Shelter Dog Show – Saturday 19th May, Tewkesbury Rugby Club, registration from 10.30. Full info on our downloads page. The Cheltenham Animal Shelter have been helping animals since 1926. They rescue and re-home unwanted and abandoned stray cats, dogs and small animals from across Gloucestershire.. There will be stalls, fairground rides, demo rugby games and lots, lots more…
- A River Parade on Sunday 2.30 – Theme Royal Regata
- Katakanu Boat Racing
- Street entertainers
- Skallywags Day Nursery – KIDS ZONE – Town Hall Gardens
- Free music in the streets and some participating pubs
- Boat trips
- Demonstrations by Safety Services
- Children’s Fairground rides – Riverside
- Raffle and Tombola
- Stalls with lots of local fayre will this year be Riverside on Saturday and Sunday and Tewkesbury Rugby Club on Saturday only.
- Sat 19th. Spiritual Platform, where our talented mediums will be passing on messages from spirit. Tewkesbury Town Hall, 7pm. £5pp, Tickets from M&Co or Sweets and Treats in Tewkesbury High Street
- Tewkesbury Psychic Day, Town Hall – Sunday 20th May, 11 am to 4pm FREE Entry. Spiritual readers, Angel and Tarot readers, Aura Photography and many stalls with all things magical and fitting with a Psychic Fayre.
- Northern Soul Night – Watson Hall 7- late £5 pp (On the door) Saturday 19th May
- Photo Competition – Closing date is the 1st May 2018 – Categories are: Portrait, Countryside, Tewkesbury, Food, Selfies, Royalty and The Riverside. Entries must be sent to The Photo Studio, the High Street, Tewkesbury.
- Follow the Alleycat Trail… We will be focusing on 6 Historic Alleys in the town… Everybody will have the chance to walk the trail which will include public artwork and the history… More information to follow.
- River Cruise on The Conway Castle (Reportedly the largest in-land waterways vessel in the UK) You can just have a drink and enjoy the cruise or enjoy an optional game of Bingo. MONDAY 7th MAY 2.30pm – £10 per person. Please visit our downloads page for full information. Tickets can be obtained from M&Co. or Sweets and Treats, both on Tewkesbury High Street. Or contact Paul Cronin at email@example.com
- We continue our new relationship this year with Tewkesbury Half Marathon, with the half marathon being run on SUNDAY THE 13th of MAY and a major part of the big weekend.
How about walking in the parade? Get a group together and take part!!! And if anyone is interested in advertising in our Programme then please contact one of the organisers. Remember all profits from the event will be split between Macmillan Cancer Support (all funds raised in Gloucestershire stays in Gloucestershire) The Avon Navigation Trust, The Town Mayors Charities and our guest charity for 2018 is to be The Sea Cadets. Come on people – GET INVOLVED. Carol Crilly – Macmillan Fundraiser, Kerry Brooks – M&Co. Tewkesbury, Paul & Margaret Cronin from Avon Navigation Trust, Chris Danter – Local Councillor, Joan Jennings from Marina Court and Jane Griffiths – Community Builder (Roses Theatre).