Tewkesbury’s Big Weekend
Looking for something to do on the 2nd & 3rd of May 2015? Well look no further than your own High Street and Riverside, as Tewkesbury’s Big Weekend Returns bigger and better.
Organisation is well advanced now for the weekend which will take place on the Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd May 2015 We want to engage anyone and everyone who cares about the town and has a stake in it’s future – businesses, schools, clubs and associations e.g.: sports clubs, rowing clubs, guides, cadets, music, dance groups, bands, crafters – YOU!
Visit our Downloads Page for all competition entry forms including the Photo Comp. You will also find a whole bunch of useful items to help you enjoy the big weekend even more.
The main attractions are:
- A Walking Parade on Saturday at 3.30 – carnival style, EVERYBODY welcome
- A River Parade on Sunday 3.00
- Duck Race
- Bell Boat Racing
- Pop up Cinema all day Saturday & Sunday in Theoc House. Showing old Carnivals and Pram Races
- Street entertainers
- Free music in the streets and some participating pubs
- Boat trips
- Demonstrations by Safety Services
- Children’s Fairground rides
- Raffle and Tombola
- Stalls with lots of local fayre
- Children’s Entertainment in the Town Hall Gardens
- Dog Show – Vineyards 10 – 4 Sunday 3 May
- Back of Avon riverside market 2nd May
- Local business market – Watson Hall Saturday 2 May 10- 4
- Northern Soul Night – Watson hall 7- late £5 pp (To be confirmed)
- Armour at The Abbey
- Bell Ringing at The Abbey
- TEWKESBURY BAKE OFF!!!! Categories Professional/amateur/under 16’s
…………………..and lots, lots more!!!!!! Many local businesses have also offered incentives – discounts, BOGOF offers etc to all those who purchase a programme and produce it on request at participating shops, cafes, pubs etc. If anyone wants to get involved in any of the above events please get in touch, stall spaces are still available, but are limited. How about walking in the parade? Get a group together and take part!!! And if anyone is interested in advertising in our Programme then please contact one of the organisers. Remember all profits from the event will be split between Macmillan Cancer Support (all funds raised in Gloucestershire stays in Gloucestershire) The Avon Navigational Trust, The Town Mayors Charities and our guest charity this year is The Roses Theatre Trust. Come on people – GET INVOLVED. Carol Crilly – Macmillan Fundraiser Michael Protheroe & Louise Jones – Tewkesbury Cards & Gifts Kerry Brooks – M & Co, Tewkesbury Paul & Margaret Cronin – Avon Navigation Trust Chris Danter – Town Mayor Joan Jennings – Marina Court Jane Griffiths – Community Builder (Roses Theatre).