Tewkesbury’s Big Weekend
Looking for something to do on the 7th & 8th of May 2016? Well look no further than your own High Street and Riverside, as Tewkesbury’s Big Weekend Returns bigger and better.
Last year we were able to give £1,000 to each of our nominated charities, Macmillan, Avon Navigation Trust, Mayors Charities and The Roses Theatre Trust along with £475 to Vale Wildlife Rescue.
Organisation is well advanced now for the weekend which will take place on the Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th May 2016 We want to engage anyone and everyone who cares about the town and has a stake in it’s future – businesses, schools, clubs and associations e.g.: sports clubs, rowing clubs, guides, cadets, music, dance groups, bands, crafters – YOU!
Visit our Downloads Page for all competition entry forms for the Photo Competition, dog show and stall applications. You will also find rules and regulations for the photo competition and dog show.
The main attractions are:
- Sports event at Tewkesbury School Friday 6th May 4pm to 7pm – To include competitions (Programme to be advised) £2 per child and Adults FREE
- River Cruise on The Conway Castle (Reportedly the largest in-land waterways vessel in the UK) You can just have a drink and enjoy the cruise or if you want to you can join in a game of Bingo. Friday 6th 7pm to 9.30 – £8 per person plus £1 per game of bingo if you choose to participate. Tickets can be ordered from M&Co. or Sweets and Treats, both on Tewkesbury High Street. Alternatively you can order direct from Severn Leisure Cruises
- A Walking Parade on Saturday at 3.30 – carnival style theme The 60’s, EVERYBODY welcome
- A River Parade on Sunday 3.00 – Theme Pirates
- Bell Boat Racing
- Pop up Cinema 10am to 4pm Saturday & Sunday in Theoc House.
- Street entertainers
- Free music in the streets and some participating pubs
- Boat trips
- Demonstrations by Safety Services
- Children’s Fairground rides – Riverside
- Raffle and Tombola
- Stalls with lots of local fayre in Town Hall and gardens on Saturday and Sunday on the Vineyards. On Saturday there will be tasters for the psychic events on Sunday.
- Spiritual Platform, where our talented mediums (Kev Russell & Kez Eggleton) will be passing on messages from spirit. Saturday 7th May, Town Hall, 7pm to 9 ish. £5pp, Tickets from M&Co., Sweets and Treats in Tewkesbury High Street or www.phoenix-realm.co.uk
- Phoenix Realm Psychic Day, Town Hall – Sunday 8th May, 10 am to 4pm FREE Entry. Spiritual readers, Angel and Tarot readers, Aura Photography and many stalls with all things magical and fitting with a Psychic Fayre.
- Children’s event at Watson Hall on Saturday – 10am to 3pm – £2 per child and Adults go FREE, There will be plenty to do including a Fancy Dress Competition, Disco, Party Games & Childrens Tombola etc etc… The Fancy Dress entrants will have the oportunity to walk in the parade at 3.30 on Saturday afternoon if they wish…
- Northern Soul Night – Watson Hall 7- late £5 pp (On the door) Saturday 7th May
- Happy Dog Charity Fun Day sponsored by Clippers Groomers – the Vineyards 10 – 4, Sunday 8th May
- Would you like to become the King, Queen (11 to 18yrs), Prince or Princess (Under 11yrs) of Theoc for the day? If you would… In no more than 50 words, what would be the first law that you would pass?? Entries by email to Carol Crilly at email@example.com by 1st May 2016. The winners will receive the TBW Shield, a few goodies, walk in the TBW Parade in their royal regalia AND they are welcome to join the Medieval Parade in July. (Visit downloads for application form)
- Photo Competition – Closing date is the 1st May 2016 – Categories are: Portrait, Countryside, Tewkesbury, Food and Selfies. Entries must be sent to The Photo Studio, the High Street, Tewkesbury.
- Follow the Alleycat Trail… We will be focusing on 6 Historic Alleys in the town… Everybody will have the chance to walk the trail which will include public artwork and the history… More information to follow.
- Tewkesbury History Hunt – Another fun way to seek out parts of Tewkesbury’s History, check out the info sheet in our downloads page.
How about walking in the parade? Get a group together and take part!!! And if anyone is interested in advertising in our Programme then please contact one of the organisers. Remember all profits from the event will be split between Macmillan Cancer Support (all funds raised in Gloucestershire stays in Gloucestershire) The Avon Navigational Trust, The Town Mayors Charities and our guest charity this year is Tewkesbury Boys Brigade who are celebrating their 60th anniversary this year. Come on people – GET INVOLVED. Carol Crilly – Macmillan Fundraiser, Kerry Brooks – M&Co. Tewkesbury, Paul & Margaret Cronin from Avon Navigation Trust, Chris Danter – Local Councillor, Joan Jennings from Marina Court and Jane Griffiths – Community Builder (Roses Theatre).