Tewkesbury’s Big Weekend
Looking for something to do on the 12th, 13th & 14th of May 2017? Well look no further than your own High Street and Riverside, as Tewkesbury’s Big Weekend Returns bigger and better.
Last year we were able to give £750 to each of our nominated charities, Macmillan, Avon Navigation Trust, Mayors Charities and The Tewkesbury Boys Brigade along with £351.60 to Cheltenham Animal Shelter and £162.50 to both the MVS and Tewkesbury Town Colts.
Another new addition to help fundraise for 2016/17 is the TBW 100CLUB, visit our DOWNLOADS page for info and application forms.
Organisation is well advanced now for the weekend. We want to engage anyone and everyone who cares about the town and has a stake in it’s future – businesses, schools, clubs and associations e.g.: sports clubs, rowing clubs, guides, cadets, music, dance groups, bands, crafters – YOU!
Visit our Downloads Page for all competition entry forms for the Photo Competition, dog show and stall applications. You will also find rules and regulations for the photo competition and dog show.
The main attractions are:
- 2017 brings a new relationship between Tewkesbury Half Marathon and the Tewkesbury Big Weekend, with the half marathon being run on Sunday the 14th of May and a major part of the big weekend.
- Sports event at Tewkesbury School Friday 12th May 4pm to 7pm – To include competitions (Childrens Triathlon – £50 Prize) (Programme to be advised) £2 per child and Adults FREE
- River Cruise on The Conway Castle (Reportedly the largest in-land waterways vessel in the UK) You can just have a drink and enjoy the cruise or if you want to you can join in a game of Bingo. Friday 12th 7pm to 9.30 – £10 per person plus £1 per game of bingo if you choose to participate. Tickets can be ordered from M&Co. or Sweets and Treats, both on Tewkesbury High Street. Alternatively you can order direct from Severn Leisure Cruises
- A Walking Parade on Saturday at 3.30 – carnival style theme The Circus, EVERYBODY welcome
- A River Parade on Sunday 2.30 – Theme In The Navy
- Bell Boat Racing
- Tea Dance 12pm to 3pm Saturday & Sunday in Theoc House.
- Street entertainers
- Skallywags Day Nursery – KIDS ZONE – Town Hall Gardens
- Free music in the streets and some participating pubs
- Boat trips
- Demonstrations by Safety Services
- Children’s Fairground rides – Riverside
- Raffle and Tombola
- Stalls with lots of local fayre in Town Hall and gardens on Saturday and Sunday.
- Spiritual Platform, where our talented mediums will be passing on messages from spirit. Saturday 13th May, Town Hall, 7pm to 9 ish. £5pp, Tickets from M&Co., Sweets and Treats in Tewkesbury High Street or www.phoenix-realm.co.uk
- Phoenix Realm Psychic Day, Town Hall – Sunday 14th May, 11 am to 4pm FREE Entry. Spiritual readers, Angel and Tarot readers, Aura Photography and many stalls with all things magical and fitting with a Psychic Fayre.
- Northern Soul Night – Watson Hall 7- late £5 pp (On the door) Saturday 13th May
- Happy Dog Charity Fun Day sponsored by Clippers Groomers – the Vineyards, date and time TBC
- Would you like to become the Prince or Princess of Theoc for the day? If you would… In no more than 50 words, what would be the first law that you would pass?? Entries by email to Carol Crilly at email@example.com by Saturday 15th April 2017. The winners will receive the TBW Shield, a few goodies, walk in the TBW Parade in their royal regalia AND they are welcome to join the Medieval Parade in July. (Visit downloads for application form)
- Photo Competition – Closing date is the 1st May 2017 – Categories are: Portrait, Countryside, Tewkesbury, Food and Selfies. Entries must be sent to The Photo Studio, the High Street, Tewkesbury.
- Follow the Alleycat Trail… We will be focusing on 6 Historic Alleys in the town… Everybody will have the chance to walk the trail which will include public artwork and the history… More information to follow.
- Tewkesbury History Hunt – Another fun way to seek out parts of Tewkesbury’s History, check out the info sheet in our downloads page.
How about walking in the parade? Get a group together and take part!!! And if anyone is interested in advertising in our Programme then please contact one of the organisers. Remember all profits from the event will be split between Macmillan Cancer Support (all funds raised in Gloucestershire stays in Gloucestershire) The Avon Navigation Trust, The Town Mayors Charities and our guest charity for 2017 is to be confirmed. Come on people – GET INVOLVED. Carol Crilly – Macmillan Fundraiser, Kerry Brooks – M&Co. Tewkesbury, Paul & Margaret Cronin from Avon Navigation Trust, Chris Danter – Local Councillor, Joan Jennings from Marina Court and Jane Griffiths – Community Builder (Roses Theatre).